Friday 7 January 2011

Silence

There has been a long silence on my blog over the Holidays, and there is a reason for this. On 23rd December my dear grandmother passed away. She was a wonderfully kind person with an abundance love for everyone around her, especially the grandchildren. It has been an emotional time, and a sad start to the New Year. Today is her funeral, and I dedicate this blog post to her memory. Carnations were her favorite flowers, and they will always remind me of her. There will be a few more days of silence in honor of her memory.

Photos: via Apartmenttherapy

4 comments:

molly lubs tompkins said...

i'm so sorry to hear about your loss. sending warm thoughts to you and your family.

Deb said...

Over the holidays we also lost a beloved grandmother. My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight.

Deb, Portland, Oregon, USA

P.S. I just recently started reading your blog for style inspiration. Lovely.

Lex said...

Hello Hege
I am new to your wonderful blog and I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. I hope 2011 is a brighter year for you.

Hege Greenall-Scholtz said...

Thank you for all you kind and comforting words. It means a lotto me.